Sunday, February 12, 2006

It has been over a week since I last updated my blog. I would like to update it more often, with thoughtful, moving, and refreshingly wise insights on body image and self-appreciation. Maybe that's asking too much of myself?

I was thinking how much easier it is to cope with issues, of any kind, when you have good friends around. Loneliness, or feeling alone, is like a magnifying glass that multiples any negative issue a thousand times. Just being with people shrinks my issues, takes away their foundation, gives them no creedence. The danger with this, however, is feeling as if I must be with people so that I can cope with my worries. It's tantamount that I know I can do this on my own, that the love and support I get from my friends is not something that disappears or can be lost, but something that remains with me wherever I am and in any situation.

That's another reason why I love theatre. The community. The need to connect with people and other living things is natural and it's cruel to deny ourselves the beauty of knowing others. Why know others? Because, let's face it, people are infinitely interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home